Member Maribel Hernandez owns and operates CELEBRATE, LLC which specializes in character birthday parties for children ages 3-10 and custom cakes. Check out her new characters for Summer 2017 including Disney's Moana. To book your child/grandchild's next birthday party and/or order your custom cake, contact email@example.com or (904) 770-0077. For more information visit her website at www.celebrate-all.com
The Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, whose work is recognized as the national model for juvenile justice reform for girls, is issuing a call for nominations for its inaugural See the Girl Awards. Six individuals who have championed the rights of girls and young women impacted by the justice system will be recognized at a dinner.
Nominations will be considered for the following awards:
- The Delores Barr Weaver See the Girl Lifetime Achievement Award: Named in honor of Delores Barr Weaver, this award celebrates an individual whose many years of dedication have led to significant contributions that level the playing field and increase opportunities for girls and young women impacted by the justice system.
- The Joan Amery Van Vleck Research Award: Named in honor of Joan Amery Van Vleck, who champions research and is devoted to improving the lives of women and girls, this award recognizes an individual who has made noteworthy contributions to the body of knowledge about the experiences of girls and young women impacted by the justice system.
- The See the Girl Advocacy Award recognizes an individual whose civic engagement, advocacy, and activism have furthered systemic change for justice-system involved girls and young women.
- The See the Girl Direct Service Award recognizes individuals who embody girl-centered principles and who partner with girls and young women to provide exemplary service.
- The See the Girl Leadership Award recognizes a girl or young woman who champions social justice and systemic change for girls in her school, community, or state.
- The Legislator of the Year Award recognizes a public official who has provided leadership leading to positive systemic change for girls and young women affected by the justice system.
Interested individuals can download a nomination form here. The deadline for nominations is August 15th and award recipients will be notified on August 30st.
August Program at Wicked Barley Brewing Co. Tour & Tasting, August 17, 5:30
Registration is open! Tickets: $20/member
Annual Meeting, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, October 19, 11:30
We’ll be introducing and voting on new officers for 2018. In addition, Member Jennifer Holland of Holland People and Brands will present on the JWN Rebrand project. Registration is open! Tickets: $45/member
Annual Holiday Dinner, Deercreek Country Club, December 5, 5:30
Be sure to save-the-date for Tuesday, December 5!
Our next JWN E-newsletter will hit member inboxes in August. This is an exclusive e-newsletter for and about Network members and upcoming JWN events. We welcome items about your personal and professional achievements, and any projects you would like to promote to members of JWN. Please include photos, preferably in JPG format.
Please email items and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view our latest announcements!