Hello JWN Sisters!
I can’t believe 2019 is almost over. They say time flies when you’re having fun and I had a blast! Many thanks to all of you for your support and especially to the Board of Directors for working so hard to make it a successful year. Here are some of the accomplishments:
- Engaging Programs and Meet Ups including the 2019 Speaker’s Forum which achieved the highest sponsorship income to date.
- We developed a comprehensive Strategic Plan laying out the following three strategic priorities:
- Brand engagement (Identity)
- Member Centric
- Community Awareness
- For the first time, JWN established Core Values which are: Connection, Empowerment, Diversity and Influence
- Established Administrative Foundations including:
- Administrative Operations Handbook
- Central Document Repository
- Hired a new Administrator
- Outsourced bookkeeping
- Improvements to the member directory
- Streamlined the Nominations process (1-page form)
- Increased our Social Media presence by creating a public fan page and having more engagement on our private members-only group page
- Improved the Newsletter with spotlight questions and new sections allowing members to promote their businesses and events
- Key partner in the Jacksonville Women’s Leadership Coalition which commissioned a study on Florida Women and Leadership. There was a press conference on December 12 to unveil the results and next steps in the implementation of the recommendations from the report. More to follow…
I wish you Happy Holidays and look forward to seeing everyone at the January meet up and Speakers Forum in February.
The Jacksonville Women's Network is a key partner in the Jacksonville Women’s Leadership Coalition which commissioned a study on Florida Women and Leadership. Many thanks to JWN Past President, Georgia Reed, who represents JWN on this coalition. There was a press conference held on December 12 where the results were unveiled as well as next steps in the implementation of the recommendations from the report. Stay tuned…
2020 dues invoices have been sent out and are due by December 31. If you did not receive your dues notice, please notify JWN Administrator, Chirstina Llamozas at [email protected].
Congratulations to JWN Member Giselle Carson for winning the JaxUSA International Individual of the Year award and for being recognized as one of the 50 most influential Hispanics in the state by the Florida State Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read more about her recognition by the Florida State Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Try something new in 2020!
JWN member and arts and entertainment chair, Christie Rogers, will be starting a new session of pottery classes at the Jewish Community Alliance on San Jose Blvd. Tuesday morning classes will begin January 7 at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday evening classes will begin January 9 at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome and membership is not required. Contact Christie or see the JCA website here for more information. Get your hands dirty and have some fun!
JWN member and founder of Generation W, Donna Orender, invites you to join her at Generation W’s signature event, VISION 2020.
To purchase the Generation W Special Holiday Ticket Offer, click here and select Holiday Package under the ticket selections.
Generation W, Vision 2020 is Friday, April 3rd, 2020 at the University of North Florida.
Registration begins at 7:00 a.m.
Social Networking Reception begins at 4:15 p.m.
**Breakfast, lunch and parking included
For questions email [email protected].
A correspondance was sent out to all members in regards to opting in or opting out of the lunch ladder for 2020. Please be sure to advise the JWN administrator, Chirstina Llamozas at [email protected], of your decision no later than Monday, December 16 by 5:00 p.m.
This is an exclusive e-newsletter for and about Network members and upcoming JWN events. We welcome items about your personal and professional achievements, and any projects you would like to promote to members of JWN. Please include photos, preferably in JPG format. Please email all submissions to JWN Administrator, Chirstina Llamozas at [email protected].
We are also seeking members who would like to be a spotlight in our monthly newsletters. This gives other members a chance to get to know you better both personally and professionally. If you are interested participating, please answer 5 out of 10 of the following questions: Member Spotlight. We look forward to getting to know everyone!
Click here to view our latest announcements!